As charity support is very close to our hearts here at Fishers and we are proud to welcome RIPPLE AFRICA into our extended family.
RIPPLE Africa is a UK registered charity founded and managed by Tim’s cousin Geoff and his wife Liz. Therefore, we were very excited to help improve education, healthcare and the environment in Malawi, Africa.
Ripple Africa operates at a grassroots level which involves the community in all aspects of its activity. The charity’s projects including, running and assisting the following:
- Eight pre-schools
- Five primary schools
- A secondary school and a secondary school bursary scheme
- A community library
- Two community health clinics
- Changu Changu Moto fuel-efficient cook stoves
- Tree-planting and fruit tree projects
- Woodland conservation, and so much more!
We managed to raise our target of £4000 in 2015 via collection boxes, spinners and events – all thanks to our fantastic visitors and the Fishers Farm team! As a result this has helped Ripple Africa buy Changu Changu stoves for families in Malawi.
A bit about RIPPLE Africa…
RIPPLE Africa is a charity registered in both the UK and the USA, working to improve the environment and local education in Malawi, Africa. The charity was founded in 2003 by Geoff and Liz Furber who both share a passion for Africa, especially northern Malawi. During one fateful trip (and some very questionable map reading!) to Malawi, they found their way to the village of Mwaya and fell in love with the area. They decided to buy a property there and, with the combination of their skills and a strong passion for Africa, RIPPLE Africa was born.
Our Core Values:
- Long term commitment to local communities.
- Sustainable simple community led projects.
- We are realists, not idealists.
- Ensure that local communities have a positive future.
- Efficient and effective use of all our funding.
- We are open and honest about our successes and failures.
Donate to such a worthy cause…
If you want to help such a worthy cause, all you need to do is spare £4 for a stove! You can donate today on our justgiving page… justgiving.com/FishersforRippleAfrica.
RIPPLE Africa has a small annual turnover of around £250,000 and extremely low administration costs. RIPPLE Africa are considered realists, not idealists, and they believe in providing a hand up, not a hand out!